Sunday 6 April 2008

Bibbety bobbety

I now have a grand total of four bibs out of the seven I'm aiming for. The one with green leaves was finished several weeks ago, but I don't think it has been photographed before. The twigs and the vegetables were thrown together while Sunday lunch was cooking (and these two haven't had their final pressing yet, so they look a little less finished).

I've scarcely left the sofa this weekend. It's just as well I walked home from work on Friday, otherwise I would have had no exercise at all. I have been variously saying goodbye to Torchwood (I cried), welcoming back Doctor Who (much better than I expected, but my expectations had been pretty low, mostly consisting of spending the last nine months saying "Catherine Tate! No!" three times a day. I couldn't stand her character in 'The Runaway Bride', but I liked her last night. Liked her a lot, in fact. And then there was the moment when my jaw hit the floor, and I did a fantastic impression of David Tennant as I cried out "What! What! What!" Anyone who saw it will know of what I speak). I got lost in Tudor England with Matthew Shardlake (C J Sansom's series of detective novels: 'Dissolution', 'Dark Fire' and 'Sovereign', which I highly recommend). And I knitted socks. Quite a lot. It's been snowing again today, so socks are urgently required. Perfect weather for a trip to Iceland, in fact, and I have two novels by Arnaldur Indriđason on the pile as well as Betsy Tobin's Ice Land, which comes highly recommended by my mother as well as the Dove Grey Reader. If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow it might be another week before I left the sofa, in fact.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Which Indridason are you reading? He's so good. I think I've read them all; I might be able to do a swap if you want more.

Silas Humphreys said...

Kendra is somewhat concerned about whether or not you have received the parcel we sent you for your birthday...

Vivienne said...

Silas - I have e-mailed. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the jaw-dropping moment-I had heard that it was going to happen at some point but had no idea it would be so soon in the series.
Gill