Sunday 4 November 2007

Goldfish


I need to be reminded that feeling low and unwilling to do anything at all when suffering from a cold is not any kind of Sinister Portent, it is simply having a cold. Viruses do that.

Here at last are gorgeous Pomatomi (still in progress, as you can see, but I am only one pattern repeat away from starting the toe on the second one). I started these at the end of July, on the first day of our summer holiday, and whizzed along, reaching the start of the heel flap by the end of the week. Then they languished, because I was at home surrounded by other projects, and I found the twisted stitches hard on my hands when I was typing all day at work. The extra-pointy Kntipicks needles seem to have sorted that out, and at the moment they are my only 'real' project (there is also a scarf, which is getting frogged as soon as I get around to it, because I've lost the love). The yarn is a Yarn Yard limited edition called "Tour de France neuf" which is a joy to knit with.

No comments: