Tuesday 6 May 2008

Quodlibet

(Or, what you will)

Mum came to stay. We went to Bungay. I don't have pictures, she does. On the other hand. I do have a picture of the revamped front garden (an awfully grand word for such a tiny space), to prove that all that wear and tear on the suspension of mum's car and the muscles in my back was ultimately worth it.
My first thought was that it will make an extremely convenient background for the photographing of knitting. I don't imagine the neighbours are under any illusions as to our sanity, so I will simply be confirming their opinion of us.
Like this, in fact, which is a Gentleman's Sock in Ringwood Stitch from Nancy Bush's 'Knitting Vintage Socks' (I have been to Ringwood, when I was very tiny, to a livestock auction. Dad bought a cock and two hens, white with black spots). The yarn is Araucania Ranco in a solid shade, and I am beginning to be a little concerned by the smallness of the ball. This is only the first sock, and normally 100 grammes is plenty for a pair for Chris, but with every third round consisting of Knit 1 Purl 1, it's getting eaten up rather fast. I shall be doing some careful weighing when I get to the toe.

A Link

The Woolworths Virtual Museum. Hours of fun. I found this when I was googling for the Scotch Wool Shop (which I did not find out much about).

1 comment:

jeanfromcornwall said...

My word what a difference you have made! It was worth the effort getting that gravel home.

Further to the chickens - I had forgotten that is where those ones came from, but I do remember they were Silver Spangled Hamburgs and their names were Fred, Ethel and Mabel. And they never produced any fertile eggs, which was what we had hoped for.