Sunday 9 March 2008

Two Scarves and a Recommendation


Thanks to my inexpert pruning, the buddleia has plenty of convenient stubby branches to hook knitwear onto, such as the Tilted Blocks scarf that I finished last Saturday. Two balls of Silk Garden gave me 75" of scarf, or long enough to go around my neck twice and give me tails to play with at the bus stop. I do have a sort of plan for a hat, but I got interrupted by the other scarf in today's parade.


This gives a much better idea of the colour than the last picture. I started it on the 26th of February and finished it yesterday, so it took 12 days of fairly concentrated knitting. I really want to get it blocked this week, if I can find some spare floor. At least it's not a shawl (I sometimes think people who live in small houses shouldn't knit shawls). One end is much greener than the other, but I don't think that matters too much. I am a bit of a multi-coloured laceweight tart, and unpredictability comes with the territory.

One of my favourite books is 'The Egg and I', by Betty McDonald, and Radio 4 has a programme at 11.30am on Thursday looking at her work. Definitely sounds promising.

No comments: