Saturday 22 March 2008

It's not Easter Saturday

Easter Saturday is the first Saturday after Easter. This is Holy Saturday, and the weather is fifteen kinds of horrible, as I discovered when I was sent out to buy Easter eggs, none of which are precisely egg-shaped this year. One of them is tractor-shaped, and another is a Tardis with an over-sensitive sound-chip, which kept on going off every time I got jostled, which was frequently. What with the eight foot multi-coloured scarf and the outbreak of ringlets, I looked like a bargain basement Tom Baker impersonator.

White stuff keeps falling from the sky. Some of it is snow, and some hail. The easiest way to tell the difference is to stand outside, as the hail hurts more when it hits you. Even when the precipitation stops precipitating for five minutes and the sun comes out, the wind is vicious. Perfect weather for curling up on the sofa with a good book or five (that dent I made in my to-read pile? All gone now).

No comments: