Sunday 27 January 2008

First baby item completed

Whatever else I may or may not get done, the impending niecephew will have at least one handmade item from me now. I don't particularly enjoy sitting at a sewing machine (although the new one is a lot quieter, so I might be able to play music while using it) but nothing beats getting from fabric to finished item in about an hour. The front is a Japanese quilting cotton that I almost certainly bought at the Knitting and Stitching Show a few years ago, the invisible back is some off-white winceyette (a soft brushed cotton) from John Lewis, and the (free) pattern is from here. I decided not to do the instructed top stitch, and instead did hand running stitch in a khaki shade of DMC Coton à Broder. Chris hammered on the poppers for me. I am exceptionally pleased with how this turned out.

No comments: