Saturday 1 December 2007

Isn't it good, Norwegian wool

The mittens are multiplying, and I haven't touched the needles.

On the left are mum's mittens, from the book 'Selbuvotter', inspired by the Yarn Harlot. These use one skein of Koigu, and one ball of RYC Cashsoft 4-ply. On the right are Norwegian mittens, bought from a Norwegian knitter's husband at Yarmouth's Christmas Market yesterday. These are mine (I bought mum a pair two Christmases ago, and hated to see them go). And in the middle we have a sheep who has escaped from Vogue (actually felted garter stitch with leather accessories glued on. He is also Norwegian).

Knititch, the red fluff is Rowan's Kidsilk Haze, in a colour called Liquer. I haven't come across Madil's Kid Seta, so I looked it up. Kisdilk Haze is 70% kid mohair, 30% silk, and claims 229 yards to a 25 g ball. Kid Seta is 70% kid mohair, 30% silk, and 230 yards to 25g. I strongly suspect they are the same yarn at base. My Kidsilk Haze was bought in Bury St Edmunds, where we are going today, in a lovely yarn shop that has now closed (but the premises has been taken over by an equally lovely saucepan shop)

No comments: